Travel
If you read both my mom's, my sister's and my blog then you will most likely see something about Columbus. This will mainly be about that but I will add some more things in the end.
Welcome to Columbus!
So, on Friday after school (no we did not get to miss school!) we finished packing up and getting settled in the van. We were all excited about the road trip ahead, and could not wait to go. We headed off and drove for about 1 hour, midway we stopped for dinner at Chipotle, yum! Then we drove the other hour and ended up at a nice hotel, (we are all pretty sure it was either the same or close to the same as our last Columbus visit!) where we almost immediately ran down to the pool to swim. We had a BLAST! We met a girl who was not reluctant at all to meet new people, she hung out with me and Madison for most of the time.
Oh No!
That night we went to change my pump, (I have diabetes, and I posted a blog about it you can check that out!) and I was low on battery. My mom was like, "Ellie, can you grab the charger?", and I was like, "I don't have it!". She was like, "Oh No! But, thanks to my parents we were able to charge it. My dad ventured out into the night to find a charger, my mom sent him a picture of something that might work and he found one. Thank goodness!
Added to that, there was a basketball game! Yes, the one with the HUGE upset! If you don't know what I am talking about, this game was played on March, 17. It was a number 1 seed against a number 16 seed, basically the lowest versus the highest. This kind of upset has only happened once ever before this! Basically, the number 1 seed lost to the number 16 seed. The even craziest part was that WE, (Yes, the Yoh family was going to go!) to this came, but my dad said that it wouldn't be all that exciting, so we didn't go.
COSI, and more!
I think one of my favorite parts of the trip was COSI. Although that is mostly what we did, we did do some other cool things as well. One reason I liked it was that we were able to see tons of different things all in one building. We went to the space place, which was one of my favorite things, mostly because I am slightly obsessed with it!
Madison and I got to experience what it might feel like to be in a rocket. I enjoyed it. It sort of felt like I was riding a tractor, bumpy and loud. My mom and I both sat on this toilet thing. We had to strap ourselves in and put our feet on these foot holders. It was weird to imagine peeing like that!The next place we went was called "Progress". It showed how things have progressed through time. It was really neat to be able to go into some of the shops and test things out!Madison was outside a market and was being a "Cashier". I tried this too, but I just don't have a picture, mostly because I didn't try it as long!One of my favorite places was this little news place. We read off a teleprompter and could choose what we wanted it to be about.
Madison and I also got to help with something really funny and cute! We got to keep points for "Rat Basketball"! I was nervous I wouldn't be able to do it but the lady up front said whenever someone scored, that made it way easier!This is a room where a lot of things were interactive. My favorite thing in the room was probably the pully system. I really don't know why I liked it so much. This room was all about travel, I think. One thing that was in there was this thing where 2 people, one on the bike and one on their feet, raced on a screen to see who could win against a car. Most of the time either the car or the biker won. The last place we went, was this ocean place. It was neat, you could see inside a submarine, (we couldn't do that, the line was WAY too long), and touch/ interact with water. We all liked these water bell things, it was cool that the water could just spread out like that!
Madison and I also got to help with something really funny and cute! We got to keep points for "Rat Basketball"! I was nervous I wouldn't be able to do it but the lady up front said whenever someone scored, that made it way easier!This is a room where a lot of things were interactive. My favorite thing in the room was probably the pully system. I really don't know why I liked it so much. This room was all about travel, I think. One thing that was in there was this thing where 2 people, one on the bike and one on their feet, raced on a screen to see who could win against a car. Most of the time either the car or the biker won. The last place we went, was this ocean place. It was neat, you could see inside a submarine, (we couldn't do that, the line was WAY too long), and touch/ interact with water. We all liked these water bell things, it was cool that the water could just spread out like that!
Food!
We ate lots of food while we were there. This included Budd's Dairy Food Hall, Jenni's Ice Cream, and other delicious places!

Comments
Post a Comment